Friday, October 23, 2009

"...there is going to be a resurrection..."

Wednesday morning seemed like a wonderful day. The sun was out and the birds were chirping. The chill that had filled the air seemed to have disappeared. It almost felt like springtime. My boy and I prepared for our ministry, as usual. I had already had my cup of coffee and the boy had eaten his oreo breakfast (see previous post). We arrived at the Kingdom Hall early for arrangements. It was going to be a good day.


It is sad how quickly life changes. My phone rang and I irritatingly answered it; wondering why my husband would be calling me when he knew that I was about to get out of the car. He had called because he had something important to tell me. On Wednesday morning, almost ready to walk out the door to go to school, a dear friend died of an enlarged heart. He had always been an extremely active boy and for the 15 years of his life, seemed so healthy (He is the boy to the far right). My heart sank deeply into my chest. I almost vomited. "How does this happen?" I mouthed that sentiment in prayer repeatedly. I know why bad things happen and I know that they will not happen forever.


I hung up the phone and walked into the Kingdom Hall. A dear sister saw the tears in my eyes and hugged me tenderly. She asked if she could help. I told her what happened and, although, she did not know this young boy, she looked dizzy. While I wanted so much to be in my own house and to go back to bed indefinitely, I was so grateful to be there, the place that is my home.


As I fondly remember this young man, I look forward to seeing him again in the paradise earth. I look forward to knowing that all those that I know and love are truly healthy. I look forward to enjoying beautiful days and not worrying that some dark shadow of badness might sweep over them.


But, for now, I will do the thing that is most necessary. I promise to work harder to be loving to everyone, stranger or friend. I love you all! Please stay strong so that we can share forever together. And please forgive me, as Jehovah God forgives us all, for my imperfections.

Please keep the Sigrist family in your prayers, so that they might endure this tribulation unitedly.
(Job 14:14,15; Psalm 37:29; Acts 24:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment