Wednesday, October 28, 2009

408 days- not a bad record


Our routine plays out very similarly one day to the next. Especially since Baby J began eating solids, it has just seemed practical to have this nighttime tradition. We eat dinner together, then he makes a mess. The mess is usually significant enough that a bath is the easiest solution. In the 408 days since his birth, he pretty much does the same thing too. We wash him while singing our homemade wash song. He plays. Then he pees.

In the 408 days since his birth, he has never pooped in the bathtub. I know that this is a fortunate coincidence for me considering that most babies do, at least occasionally.

Today, I was bragging about this fact. And today I learned the true intelligence of my son.

He must have overheard me because about 5 minutes into his bath, papa began calling frantically for back-up. And, there, floating in the tub was a present just for me.

Moral: Never underestimate the intelligence of a child.

He is already a hundred steps ahead of me. I fear how smart he will be when he's five.

1 comment:

  1. lol! Oh no!! Not a floater in the tub. He must have heard you. :) Smartie pants.

    ReplyDelete