Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Baby's breakfast


This morning was business as usual. We woke up early. We have passed the two week mark for GF, DF, EF, so we decided to re-introduce the least likely culprit, eggs. (While his sleep habits have changed very little, he has had some positive results from the diet change. For instance, he suffers from gas significantly less often.) So, I followed our morning routine.

Diaper change, check. Baby gates, check. Bathroom door closed, check.

I began taking the morning breakfast materials out. I cannot imagine how happy this boy is to have eggs return, but I know that I could barely contain my own excitement. I began breakfast. Then I cleaned the high chair up and toted it to the dining room. I was busily occupying myself that I hardly noticed that the baby was already taking care of himself. (It is really true, they grow so quickly.)

He had made himself comfy on the kitchen floor with two fists full of chocolate sandwich cookies. If they had contained eggs, milk, and flour, I could have justified it as Bill Cosby would have. But, no, they were dairy-free, egg-free, and gluten-free. Absolutely no nutritional value.

Sorry to let you down, Dr. Huxtabel.

No comments:

Post a Comment