Saturday, June 5, 2010

Childhood memories... Oh, how refreshing.

Recently I learned that a friend of mine locally is well-acquainted with some of my childhood friends from my birthplace. It triggered so many memories. The one that is more prominent in my mind, is that pictured here. I have looked at a collage of pictures, including this one, so many times and happily remembered being a child.

My parents had set up a large tarp on this huge hill in our backyard. I know that it wasn't all that, but in the mind of a child, it was the best thing on earth. As I look at our faces, all I see is carefree whimsy. Ahhhh... The life of a child.

I love taking time to remember when life was a simple as a big tarp, a hill, and a water hose. How refreshing. I loved being a child. But I think I love being a mommie more and seeing those bright happy eyes over such simple pleasures.  I love knowing that baby J will have memories like this.

Oh, by the way, I am the one front and center.

No comments:

Post a Comment