Monday, April 19, 2010

Having a baby opens a lot of doors in life...

... That's why we have baby gates everywhere!

Child-proofing is the butt of many jokes. For example, I child-proofed our home but they still get in. It isn't the getting in that I fear so much as the getting out.

In an effort to make our outdoor space more family-friendly, we have had to be economically resourceful. We've dug, leveled land, removed plants, sowed grass seed, and watered. While waiting for the seed to grow, we've moved onto the backyard.

To more efficiently contain baby J, the hubby repurposed a decorative fence into a border container and gate. It looks great. But, in the great outdoors, I had always enjoyed the open freedom. With a rapid toddler on my hands, I've become more open-minded and gated us from the world.

It's a picket fence which always seems so welcoming, so still feel free to join us for a garden walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment