Saturday, April 3, 2010

Blah blah blah log

My own mom called me yesterday. She had a confession. She confessed to me that she has an addiction, one that she has not been able to satisfy for 16 days (17 days today). She is a junkie of my blog. And everyday she logs onto her computer to check for updates. Well, before she brought it to my attention, I hadn't even realized that I haven't blogged in that long. And she is having serious withdrawal.

Being so far from family and friends, I forget that my daily routine can be kind of exciting. That the new little things that the little man does are new. But, sometimes I just get tired of hearing myself talk. While thinking about this, I came to the conclusion that "blog" is actually a combination of the words blah blah blah and log. Nonetheless, I will try with due diligence to blah blah log more frequently.

Here goes....

... thinking to myself... What to talk about? Oh, baby J (can anyone think of a better nickname for my little man? He isn't really a baby anymore, but toddler J sounds strange. And I am already acquainted with another blogger who calls her little guy "the toddler". Suggestions would be appreciated.)

Where was I? Oh, baby J and a friend of ours, Tony, were sitting together reading a book last Monday. Tony did the reading and baby J turned the pages. After papa and Tony left for work, I overheard baby J talking in his bedroom. Granted, he doesn't say many words yet, but he says a lot. When I peeked in on him, there he sat on the floor with a book on his lap. He was turning the pages and pointing at the words. As he was pointing, he was saying "this this that this this that this this that". I'm so glad that I have an avid reader already!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. It made me smile wide. Keith and I are looking forward to meeting Little Man J. That's my suggestion, by the way. Little Man J. Until then, we read posts about him and smile at what a great little personality he has to go along with his adorable face.
    Sorry about posting as Anonymous... it won't let me do anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you did post! I've heard from a few people that they can only post anonymously. I'll try to remember to ask Google about it. I like Little Man J. James also suggested J-Baby (like the little boy in Hardball with Keanu Reeves; the kid was like 6 and still called G-Baby.) But that still implies baby. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like "little man", no capitals. Thank you for my fix, it's not blah, blah to me.I am looking forward to my future doses. I can picture him looking at the book, pointing and saying "this, this, that... Thank you

    ReplyDelete