Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sleepy mommie gets in shape...

Although financially things are a little tight right now, I have decided that I need some "me" time to escape from reality. I have always loved physical releases, so, I joined the gym. I am having a really great time because so many of my friends are always appearing there, so I have a lot of support.

Today was quite a day, though. I finished my day in the ministry at about 3 pm and talked with a friend until 4, grocery shopped until 5, picked up new gym shoes, and ran home. Then I frantically made dinner while putting the groceries away, washed my workout pants, fed the husband and the boy. I sat down to nurse baby J for a few minutes and before I knew it, he was sound asleep on my lap. I placed him in bed, changed, searched for socks, laced and put on my new gym shoes, and frantically ran out the door.

While driving to the gym, I nearly thought, didn't I just have enough of a workout?!? But, then I took into account that I had made plans with a friend and still needed some mommie time. I made it to the gym, walked/jogged 1 mile and biked 3.5 miles. All the while, the baby slept for the husband. I feel better now and only hope that he stays asleep while I crawl into bed with him.

Goodnight all.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

1 comment: