Sunday, November 15, 2009

On the move...


This picture depicts every photo taken recently. I remember fondly asking parents of young children, "Is he/she walking?" Being said parent myself, I now know they don't walk. From the moment baby J learned that one foot goes in front of the other, he has been a sprinter. It isn't any wonder why we were created with such resiliency. It truly is a humorous sight to see an uncoordinated new sprinter loose his balance only to see him bounce back onto his feet like the Weebles I played with as a child. Weebles wobble but they don't fall down. Baby J, on the other hand, does fall down, but he happily leaps back to his feet to see how quickly he can race me to his next objective.

His objective is usually the trash can. He loves to throw things away. But once they get inside, he is all too quick again to express his opinion on this matter. I can't wash the toy fast enough.

When he was immobile, I longingly yearned for the time when he would assert some independence. Since he has done so, I spend most moments wishing that he'd let me tie him up again and carry him in the sling.

And that, dear friends is the moral of mommie-dom: Weebles may wobble, but mommies don't sit down.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on figuring out the sleeping, we'll call them hurdles. it is such a big deal. and now he's all running around? I feel like so much has changed since we last spoke
    ! Much love.

    ReplyDelete