Saturday, January 30, 2010

A tribute to the most wonderful husband and father.


It isn't nearly often enough that I gloat about my husband. So, let me take a moment to do so.

When I'm feeling faint of heart
With little energy left,
He's the one who lifts me up
And gives me needed rest.

When baby J is fussing
As he has been all day long,
He's the one who assures me
That I've done nothing wrong.

When dinner is cold and chewy
But we've nothing else to eat,
He's the one who challenges me
To not concede defeat.

So while I'm a lot of effort
And sometimes not much fun,
He's reassuring me that
I'm his only one.

While it may seem trivial
To feel so deeply wanted,
He has always done so
And never needed to flaunt it.

To him I am grateful
For the life we three share.
And so I dedicate my heart
To my husband dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment