Saturday, January 2, 2010

Lazy River Laziness

I had been quite bummed. Many of my friends had ventured away for the weekend. I was feeling very left out and wanted nothing more than a few days away. So, my hubby surprised me with a trip to Timber Ridge Resort & Lodge in Lake Geneva, WI. It has an indoor waterpark and each room is a suite. He told me the morning of our departure of his plans.

It was wonderful to get away, especially in light of the impending snow storm. We made the trek northward and enjoyed the warm indoor excursion with a beautiful view of the outdoors. It felt almost like being in a snow globe, except with the snow on the outside of the glass. We played in the pool and baby J went down his first mini-waterslide. Shortly before the fun was about to end, baby J and I floated on the lazy river. He was tired and very relaxed. He said that he wanted NeNe, so I positioned him gently and nursed him until sleep found him. That is how we ended our retreat. What a lovely way to bond!

1 comment:

  1. That sound so beautiful and relaxing. Glad you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete