Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kissy Face

Sorry... I am very very sorry. I hadn't even realized that my last post was on June 28th. Yikes! It doesn't feel like it was that long ago.

Baby J reminded me today, though, of why I love to share little snippets of our life online. He was in the bath tub with all his Munchkin bath toys. He has a dozen or so and each is in the shape of a sea creature. He would gently lift each toy out of the water, rinse it under the faucet, give it a kiss on its mouth, then hand it to me and say "kiss kiss". This went on repeatedly until he and I had both kissed each little toy creature three times. While he was putting them all back in the tub for a fourth round, I unsuspectingly reached behind him and pulled the bath plug.

Then he climbed out of the tub and I bundled him in a towel. He walked towards the stairs and up towards bed. As he closed the gate behind him, his little pinky got caught. I quickly swooped him up only to hear "kiss kiss". And I did. Then he called poppy and asked for another "kiss kiss".

Before bed, he as usual gave us our individual hugs and "kiss kiss", then said his sweet "buh-bye" as we tucked him into bed.

I can't wait until morning. Then I will be able to have my morning "kiss kiss". I just can't get over my little kissy face.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing is better than those sweet baby kisses. I am ever thankful that all my children never stopped the kisses. That first kiss with a little razor stubble on their faces and mom realizes that those boys are now on the way to becoming young me, but they still gave me an "I love you" and a kiss as I dropped them off to school. I still get an "I love you" and a kiss from my girl and my guys. Thank you my loves

    ReplyDelete