Tuesday, March 9, 2010

You can dress 'em up...

... but you can't take 'em out.

In anticipation of one of our annual Bible conventions, I purchased baby J this suit. I was so excited because it just seemed so classic. The little tie has grey sailboats on it. When I dressed him in it, I couldn't get over how adorable he looked, my little guy. But recently, I have found that the best way to stave off the morning meltdown is to give him a pair of shoes to wear. I handed him his little beige wingtips to play with. Guess what he decided he wanted instead?!? As is evident by the photo, his black Batman snow boots. I can list at least 5 ways that these were so wrong for the outfit- # 1) black, # 2) rubber, # 3) Batman, # 4) it was nearly 50 degrees outside, and, of course, # 5) not what I would've picked out.

But he was content for the entire one-hour commute. Hopefully, he eventually outgrows the uncoordinated phase. Until then, at least we can halt a meltdown as easily as giving him a pair of Batman boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment